Friday, November 9, 2012

Feature Friday - The Better Half

Inspiration Cafe is so excited to have our first Feature Friday post!
Today we would like to welcome the lovely Jocie from The Better Half
Jocie is here to spread the word about her fantastic blog, so please join us in making her feel right at home...

 
If you've never heard of us, The Better Half is a new sister site to One Project Closer (OPC). OPC has been around almost 5 years now and is for the hard-core home improvement lovers. Our men of OPC shadow contractors and teach you how to do-it-yourself like the pros.
While we are the sister site, don't worry, we're not sister wives. lol! Kim and I (Jocie) are the wives of Fred and Ethan (respectively) and we run The Better Half, dedicated to the finer things, like DIY home decor, crafts, and sometimes kid-friendly stuff too. 

I write a lot of the crafty, decor posts, while Kim focuses on gardening and constantly updating our coupon info (like this AJ Madison Coupons page). We also host a link party every Friday where we give away FREE ad space and sometimes even gift cards! 

Here's me and the fam - my hubby, Ethan and our two beautiful, amazing, crazy girls, Izzie and Lucy! Btw, we're from Baltimore - GO RAVENS!


I obviously LOVE crafts and have since I was young! Blogging has been a fun outlet for me to be creative and also contribute to the family business. One of my favorite projects has been a collaboration with my hubby to build this custom spice rack for our kitchen. Afterwards, I up-cycled a yard sale chalkboard and wooden letters to coordinate with the spice rack.



I also tend to do a lot of projects with my two daughters, Izzie and Lucy. Check out these super cute leaf bowls made from oven baked clay. The girls collected leaves, pressed them into the clay, and then we cooked them in a stone bowl. Once cool the girls painted them, and I sprayed them with a light coat of gold spray paint! 


While these are my favorite projects to date, my most popular post is a tutorial on making fabric flowers. Some may call me a bit obsessed because I put flowers everywhere...chalkboards, pillows, lampshades, headbands...the list goes on!



My hubby, Ethan also works full-time on OPC, and while he spends most of his time following contractors and writing project guides, he has made some pretty amazing, but simple wood working projects. Most recently, he made this beautiful cribbage board! 


For more fun projects and crafts, visit me at The Better Half! You can also connect with us on FacebookTwitter, and Pinterest. Hope to see you soon!



Thank you Jocie, for sharing your awesome blog with all of us. Love those projects and definitely excited to see more.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here at Inspiration Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clay leaves made with your girls! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the up-cycled yard sale chalkboard and wooden letters, so cute! I love everything about this blog/site! So many great ideas! Looking forward to following along - can't wait to see what they share next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally loving the pinochle board! We have a whole collection of pinochle boards including one shaped like our state. That chalkboard is pretty amazing too. So many good ideas here. Really can't wait to see more from The Better Half!

    ReplyDelete