Thursday, January 17, 2013

Blanket & Onesie Cupcakes by Made In A Day


Hi I'm Kim, I am a craft blogger from Made in a Day! I am an artist turned hair stylist, mom and now craft blogger! I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to creativity! I like re-purposing old seemingly useless items into something awesome and new!



My friend had a baby shower for her Sister-in-law last weekend and so of course I scoured the internet for a great shower gift and came across many, many versions (and videos) of these cute cupcakes made of blankets & onesies! So I combined a couple of features and added my own twist to these beauties by adding a headband in the center and wow were they a hit! They came out soo cute! Here's how I made them: Materials needed: 4 receiving blankets, 4 onesies, 4 elastic headbands, 4 take & toss baby bowls, straight pins and pastry box (I got mine at Michaels).
First fold the blanket in half, then fold with open ends toward the center in 2 1/12 in folds. Fold your onesie in half, sleeves in. Place the headband long ways on the snap end of the onesie and roll tightly, (kind of like you are rolling dough for a croissant). Pin with two straight pins to keep it secure. Then begin to roll, really tight as you go, wrapping one end of the blanket around the onesie all the way to the other. Place inside the bowl, tucking the end of the blanket down inside the bowl. Place them in a cake box and that's it~ instant cuteness!!! Now if I were really crafty, at the time I would have also made a wrapper for that bowl, but I was late getting it done. (You can also place the rolled blankets in large cupcake liners, coffee filters or just tied with a bow instead of the bowl version). Just Google them, click "Images" and see the endless versions out there.


Here is one version without the headband.
Add some stuffed love and what a cute instant gift!

We are so thrilled to have Kim share this darling baby gift at Inspiration Cafe today!  Go check out all Kim's other projects on her beautiful blog Made In a Day.

8 comments:

  1. That is so cute! What a beautiful and functional gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are darling! I love the extra touch of the headband...it makes them look so special. I am now waiting patiently for one of my friends or family members to announce a new baby so I can make these!!! Thanks for sharing with us Kim. It's a pleasure to have you here at the Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! These are the cutest! Now I just need to know someone who is having a baby as well, or even a grandbaby! Thank you so much for sharing it with us here at the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this idea Kim - I would have loved to have received some of these when I was having my babies. Soooo cute! Thank you for sharing a the Cafe today, please come back anytime xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, This is the cutest, sweetest gift box ever! I love the "cupcakes" and the presentation in the box, so so sweet. Thank you for sharing this adorable baby gift and awesome tutorial at the cafe! One more time.....the gift box is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. My sister just had a baby and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great idea. Now I need a baby to make one for. (Not my own baby...someone else needs to supply the baby, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete