Sunday, February 24, 2013

DIY Framed Monograms with Mary of Sweet Little Bluebird

Hi again everyone,

It's Mary from Sweet Little Bluebird!

I have a few more Framed DIYs to share today!

If I'm sharing a craft, there are three things to know:
They are quick, easy and inexpensive!
Today's Cafe share meets all three!

DIY FRAMED MONOGRAMS



For the one above, I used a square 5x5 frame.  
This was the only one left in the store.  It had a little dent 
on the bottom, but I decided to buy it anyway.
(Frame was 50% off) 
The matte is scrapbook paper.


I made this framed S monogram for a friend's birthday!


This framed A monogram was made by one of my daughter's friends. 
This was a birthday gift for one of their friends (teen),
The friend LOVED it!

Frame, paper and letter are from Hobby Lobby.



The framed N above was made with burlap matting 
and a letter N tile I found at Hobby Lobby.


EASY INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIY FRAMED MONOGRAM:

-First, remove the glass from the frame. 
-Secure the matte with tape or hot glue.
-Next, hot glue your letter to the matte.

*Use a good amount of glue if you're using 
the same letters, they are heavy! 


That's it, you're done ~ how sweet and simple is that!!!

There are so many options to create your 
own piece that fits your style and taste.
You could use fun fabric for matting, burlap, 
letter ornaments, wood and silver letters...have fun!

These make great gifts!


Thanks so much for stopping by the Cafe!  

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. This is so creative Mary! I really, really, really love them! Can't wait to make these as gifts myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! You should totally make as a gift for yourself! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. I was just at the thrift store and bought some frames. I'll have to get some letters and create some myself. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. très jolie et une idée géniale un grand bravo merci des tutos biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup, Dane - Merci de visiter Café Inspiration! Cheers!

      Delete
  4. I love these, so beautiful! ~ Paula www.callmepmc.com

    ReplyDelete